The five major thrusts are:
- Combat Power and Energy Systems (CPES) Design Methodologies
- High Power Dense Component Development and Characterization
- System Management and Control Technologies
- Developing New Design Functionalities: S3D, LEAPS, and RSDE
- System Level Experimentation
Through these projects, the ESRDC expects to significantly expand the science and technology base needed by the Navy and industry to successfully build the necessary functionality, increased efficiency and reliability, and cost effectiveness into the All Electric Ship.